Being announced at Musikmesse 2010 in Frankfurt, Germany today is a pertnership betweenn Line 6 (The pioneers in guitar, amp and effects modelling) and James Tyler Guitars (the maker of premuim custom guitars). This partnership will be to produce the next generation of variax modelling guitars. Click the 2 photos above for a larger version, where you can see some of the fetures.
What can we work out from those pictures:
1. There is a bridge humbucker
2. There is a middle and neck singlecoil
3. There seems to be a non fixed bridge (i.e. a trem/vibrato)
4. Looks to be a standard Variax and 1/4″ standard guitar output.
5. Looks to be at least 5 finishes in the strat with pickguard style guitar. bright red, blue, white, sunburst and natural.
6. Looks to be a total of 3 styles. The strat style, what looks like a metal style (a little like an Ibanez RG), and a sort of Les Paul style. Both the metal and LP style have twin humbuckers.
7. a rotary switch next to the vol and tone, to change model, but there’s another blank rotary up near the neck pickup on the strat model, and it’s a 4th normal style knob on the other 2 models. not sure what that does. perhaps that’s the pickup selection and whether you will have magnetic pups or variax.
8. Headstock sort of a cross between a James Tyler guitar, and an Ibanez. Very unique and cool.
Check out the following links for more info:
Line 6 Group – James Tyler Variax
Tyler Variax Website
Tyler Variax Twitter
Line 6 Press Release on Vettaville
Close up photos of all models, a video and lots of specs
Please comment on this post if you know more info and want to share it.