DT-series amps and POD HD-series multi-effects now offer guitarists more tones, features and flexibility than ever before
ANAHEIM, Calif.—January 24, 2012—Line 6, Inc. (NAMM room 212A), is pleased to announce the availability of two firmware updates that dramatically increase the functionality of DT-series amps and POD® HD-series multi-effect processors. These free updates feature new HD tones, more configuration options and unprecedented flexibility.
V2.0 Firmware for DT-series amps
Co-designed by Line 6 and tube-amp guru Reinhold Bogner, DT-series amplifiers combine reconfigurable analog topologies with Line 6 technology to provide boutique feel and sonic versatility. Firmware v2.0 introduces the following features:
- 30 HD preamps (increased from 4) give guitarists the ability to create unique amp tones by pairing any preamp with any combination of dynamic topologies—including negative feedback loop, operating class, power tube mode, and more—within Reinhold Bogner’s reconfigurable tube power amp
- Musicians can load a DT amp with up to eight unique voicings (four on channel A, plus four on channel B), providing a wide array of tones for performance and recording
- Each voicing can be configured with a choice of 12 reverbs, all of which feature unique parameter settings
- Reverb spillover allows the reverb to finish its decay when switching between Channel A and Channel B
- Each amp model can have its own unique 12AX7 boost setting*
DT50/DT25 firmware v2.0 is available now and can be downloaded via the Line 6 Monkey Intelligent Updater software. A USB-to-MIDI interface is required. Learn more at line6.com/dtv2update/.
V2.1 Firmware for POD HD-series Multi-effects
The free v2.1 firmware update for POD HD500, POD HD Pro and POD HD provides five new HD amps—bringing the total HD amp count to 30—while introducing revolutionary performance options. New features include:
- Three stunning new HD amps based on** the distinctive clean, crunch and overdrive tones of the Soldano® SLO100, one of the most coveted premium amps of the modern era
- Two custom-designed high-gain originals, Line 6 Doom and Line 6 Epic
- POD HD500 and POD HD Pro integrate seamlessly with StageSource™ loudspeakers, forming the ultimate integrated FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) guitar system
- Guitarists can instantly recall StageSource Smart Speaker modes via POD HD presets, making it possible to instantly change guitar sounds and speaker configurations with the push of a button
V2.0 firmware for POD HD500, POD HD Pro and POD HD is available now and can be downloaded via the Line 6 Monkey Intelligent Updater software. Learn more.
**All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development. Soldano is a registered trademark of Gremlin, Inc. DBA Soldano Custom Amplification.
About Line 6, Inc.
Line 6 has been at the cutting edge of digital audio product development for musicians and audio professionals since the company pioneered the digital modeling guitar amplifier in 1996. Before the Line 6 brand was formed in the mid-‘90s, co-founders Marcus Ryle and Michel Doidic were principal developers for the Alesis® ADAT®, the digital multi-track recorder that revolutionized the recording industry. Today, Line 6 produces a wide variety of hardware and software products including POD® multi-effect processors, POD Farm® software plug-ins, Spider® guitar amps, a range of professional instrument and microphone digital wireless systems, digital live sound mixers, and speakers, as well as Mobile Keys™ keyboards for Apple iOS devices. For more information, visit line6.com.